GMAT Critical Reasoning
Magazine Publisher: Our magazine does not have a liberal bias. It is true that when a book review we had commissioned last year turned out to express distinctly conservative views, we did not publish it until we had also obtained a second review that took a strongly liberal position. Clearly, however, our actions demonstrate not a bias in favor of liberal views but rather a commitment to a balanced presentation of diverse opinions.
Determining which of the following would be most useful in evaluating the cogency of the magazine publisher's response?
- A Whether any other magazines in which the book was reviewed carried more than one review of the book
- B Whether the magazine publishes unsolicited book reviews as well as those that it has commissioned
- C Whether in the event that a first review commissioned by the magazine takes a clearly liberal position the magazine would make any efforts to obtain further reviews
- D Whether the book that was the subject of the two reviews was itself written from a clearly conservative or a clearly liberal point of view
- E Whether most of the readers of the magazine regularly read the book reviews that the magazine publishes
Correct Answer: C