GMAT Critical Reasoning
Travel agents are market intermediaries who make their living by gathering, organizing,and dispensing information about travel-related services that is not readily available to most consumers through new nformation technologies, such as the internet much of this information can now be made directly available to consumers demand for the services of travel agents will be drastically reduced.
Which of the following ,if true , most seriously weakens the argument ?
- A Travel agents routinely use the internet and other new information technologies as sources for the information they obtain for their customers.
- B The amount of information available through the internet and other new information technologies is increasing faster than the capabilities of most consumers to process it
- C Many people use travel-related services, such as airlines and hotels without consulting a travel agent .
- D The people who currently use the services of travel agents are also those most likely to gain access to new information technologies
- E The internet and other new information technologies are currently used by a relatively small proportion of the population
Correct Answer: B