GMAT Critical Reasoning
Advanced Technology School and Computer Horizons provide training for information technology professionals. Both schools spend fifty percent of their budget on professor salaries. In a new strategic initiative Computer Horizons is attempting to gain higher profits than Advanced Technology. Computer Horizons should lower professor salaries to accomplish this goal.
Which of the following, if true, would most weaken the argument above?
- A The remainder of Computer Horizons budget contains a large number of fixed costs.
- B Reducing professor salaries would lead to lower teaching quality which would subsequently cause a decrease in student enrollment and tuition revenues.
- C Last year Advanced Technology replaced Computer Horizons as the number one ranked technology school in the local newspaper's educational survey.
- D Computer Horizons professors earn fifteen percent more than their counterparts at Advanced Technology.
- E Computer Horizons and Advanced Technology are the sole information technology schools in their metropolis.
Correct Answer: B