GMAT Critical Reasoning
A greater number of sports magazine subscriptions are sold in Town A than are sold in Town B. Therefore, the citizens of Town A are better informed about international sporting competitions than are the citizens of Town B.
Each of the following, if true, weakens the conclusion above EXCEPT:
- A Town A has a larger population than Town B.
- B Many citizens of Town B have second homes in Town A, and have all their leisure magazines delivered there.
- C The average citizen of Town B spends more time watching cable sports coverage of international sports than does the average citizen of Town A.
- D A weekly magazine devoted entirely to high school football is published in Town A, where high school football is considered the most popular sport.
- E The average price of a magazine subscription in Town A is lower than the average price in Town B.
Correct Answer: E