GMAT Critical Reasoning
Some people eat salmon, sardines, ground flax seeds and fish oil capsules because the foods contain significant amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to help prevent blood clots.
Which of the following can be correctly inferred from the statements above?
- A People who eat salmon or sardines everyday will completely prevent any blood clots.
- B People who do not eat ground flax seeds on a regular basis are in danger of developing blood clots after the age of fifty-five.
- C A diet consisting of salmon, sardines, ground flax seeds, and fish oil capsules is the most effective way to prevent blood clots.
- D Some people with a diet consisting of salmon, sardines, ground flax seeds, and fish oil capsules will reduce their risk of blood clots.
- E Only eating foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids is necessary to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Correct Answer: D