GMAT Critical Reasoning
The number of students who play for Town X's high school sports teams is greater than the number of students who play for Town Y's high school sports teams. Because of their greater participation in school athletics, the high school student population of Town X is more physically fit than that of Town Y.
Each of the following, if true, weakens the conclusion above EXCEPT:
- A There are more high school students in Town X than in Town Y.
- B Most high school students in Town Y go to school in Town X and play on their high schools' sports teams.
- C High school sports teams in Town X play and practice for fewer hours per week than do high school sports teams in Town Y.
- D Many high school athletes from Town Y play only on club teams not affiliated with any high schools.
- E High school sports teams in Town Y accept freshman athletes, whereas high school sports teams in Town X do not.
Correct Answer: E