GMAT Critical Reasoning
An independent analyst asserts that the new Pokia digital camera for mobile phones is more precise, of higher quality and costs less than any of the popular competing models. As a result, Pokia will become the more desirable, low-priced alternative to currently existing models of digital cameras.
Which of the following, if true, would most challenge the argument above?
- A Many retailers already carry one or more low-priced digital cameras and are disinclined to carry another.
- B Several lower-priced models of digital cameras will soon be introduced by other mobile phone manufacturers.
- C The Pokia Corporation's digital camera can be used in conjunction with higher-priced mobile phones manufactured by other companies.
- D Most of the individuals and companies that would be expected to make up the potential market for the Pokia digital camera have already fulfilled their digital camera needs.
- E The independent analyst whose views were incorporated in the statement above has used measures of quality that are not universally accepted by the consumer public.
Correct Answer: E