GMAT Critical Reasoning
A teacher in an English literature class analyzed answers given by her students on a written test and concluded that their answers for a given essay were right, on average, 60% of the time.
The conclusion above depends on the presumption that
- A literature classes can teach students successfully even if they are only right a fraction of the time.
- B teachers that analyze the success of their students are just as good teachers as those that don"t.
- C teachers consistently teaching literature must be careful in giving essay tests to avoid the presumption that their point of view is always correct.
- D answers to essays on a literature exam are just as likely to be correct as they are to be incorrect.
- E it is possible to classify an answer to an essay question as being either right or wrong.
Correct Answer: E