GMAT Critical Reasoning
Investing in fishing-boats could be very profitable at this time. A survey made by "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine shows that 75 percent of the magazine's readers want to buy a new fishing-boat during the summer. However, fishing-boat manufacturers can only produce enough boats to satisfy 30% of total potential buyers.
Which of the following, if true, reveals a weakness in the evidence cited above?
- A The fishing-boat industry is a highly labor-intensive business.
- B Fishing-boats are not evenly distributed across the country.
- C The number of fishermen who buy fishing-boats has been growing each year for the past six years.
- D Readers of "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine are more likely than other consumers to want a fishing-boat.
- E "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine includes both articles about fishing and articles about building fishing-boats.
Correct Answer: D