GMAT Critical Reasoning
Investing in fishing-boats could be very profitable at this time. A survey made by "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine shows that 75 percent of the magazine's readers want to buy a new fishing-boat during the summer. However, fishing-boat manufacturers can only produce enough boats to satisfy 30% of total potential buyers.
Which of the following, if true, would undermine the soundness of the investment advice in the paragraph above?
- A Fishing-boats cost too much for the average fisherman.
- B Approximately a quarter of all fishermen do not use fishing-boats.
- C Approximately a quarter of all fishermen buy fishing-boats that can accommodate 2-3 fishermen.
- D Only half of all fishermen use a fishing-boat.
- E Only half of those who say they want to buy a fishing-boat actually end up buying one.
Correct Answer: E