GMAT Critical Reasoning
Which of the following best completes the passage below?
People buy prestige when they buy a premium product. They want to be associated with something special. Mass-marketing techniques and price-reduction strategies should not be used because_____.
- A affluent purchasers currently represent a shrinking portion of the population of all purchasers
- B continued sales depend directly on the maintenance of an aura of exclusivity
- C purchasers of premium products are concerned with the quality as well as with the price of the products
- D expansion of the market niche to include a broader spectrum of consumers will increase profits
- E manufacturing a premium brand is not necessarily more costly than manufacturing a standard brand of the same product
Correct Answer: B