GMAT Critical Reasoning
When a polygraph test is judged inconclusive, this is no reflection on the examinee. Rather, such a judgment means that the test has failed to show whether the examinee was truthful or untruthful.Nevertheless, employers will sometimes refuse to hire a job applicant because of an inconclusive polygraph test result.
Which of the following conclusions can most properly be drawn from the information above?
- A Most examinees with inconclusive polygraph test results are in fact untruthful.
- B Polygraph tests should not be used by employers in the consideration of job applicants.
- C An inconclusive polygraph test result is sometimes unfairly held against the examinee.
- D A polygraph test indicating that an examinee is untruthful can sometimes be mistaken.
- E Some employers have refused to consider the results of polygraph tests when evaluating job applicants.
Correct Answer: C