GMAT Critical Reasoning
Which of the following best completes the passage below?
The computer industry's estimate that it loses millions of dollars when users illegally copy programs without paying for them is greatly exaggerated. Most of the illegal copying is done by people with no serious interest in the programs. Thus, the loss to the industry is quite small, because_____.
- A many users who illegally copy programs never find any use for them
- B most people who illegally copy programs would not purchase them even if purchasing them were the only way to obtain them
- C even if the computer industry received all the revenue it claims to be losing, it would still be experiencing financial difficulties
- D the total market value of all illegal copies is low in comparison to the total revenue of the computer industry
- E the number of programs that are frequently copied illegally is low in comparison to the number of programs available for sale
Correct Answer: B