GMAT Critical Reasoning
Most employees in the computer industry move from company to company, changing jobs several times in their careers. However, Summit Computers is known throughout the industry for retaining its employees. Summit credits its success in retaining employees to its informal, nonhierarchical work environment.
Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports Summit's explanation of its success in retaining employees?
- A Some people employed in the computer industry change jobs if they become bored with their current projects.
- B A hierarchical work environment hinders the cooperative exchange of ideas that computer industry employees consider necessary for their work.
- C Many of Summit's senior employees had previously worked at only one other computer company.
- D In a nonhierarchical work environment, people avoid behavior that might threaten group harmony and thus avoid discussing with their colleagues any dissatisfaction they might have with their jobs.
- E The cost of living near Summit is relatively low compared to areas in which some other computer companies are located.
Correct Answer: B