GMAT Critical Reasoning
The fewer restrictions there are on the advertising of legal services, the more lawyers there are who advertise their services, and the lawyers who advertise a specific service usually charge less for that service than the lawyers who do not advertise. Therefore, if the state removes any of its current restrictions, such as the one against advertisements that do not specify fee arrangements, overall consumer legal costs will be lower than if the state retains its current restrictions.
If the statements above are true, which of the following must be true?
- A Some lawyers who now advertise will charge more for specific services if they do not have to specify fee arrangements in the advertisements.
- B More consumers will use legal services if there are fewer restrictions on the advertising of legal services.
- C If the restriction against advertisements that do not specify fee arrangements is removed, more lawyers will advertise their services.
- D If more lawyers advertise lower prices for specific services, some lawyers who do not advertise will also charge less than they currently charge for those services.
- E If the only restrictions on the advertising of legal services were those that apply to every type of advertising, most lawyers would advertise their services.
Correct Answer: C