GMAT Critical Reasoning
Even though most universities retain the royalties from faculty members' inventions, the faculty members retain the royalties from books and articles they write. Therefore, faculty members should retain the royalties from the educational computer software they develop.
The conclusion above would be more reasonably drawn if which of the following were inserted into the argument as an additional premise?
- A Royalties from inventions are higher than royalties from educational software programs.
- B Faculty members are more likely to produce educational software programs than inventions.
- C Inventions bring more prestige to universities than do books and articles.
- D In the experience of most universities, educational software programs are more marketable than are books and articles.
- E In terms of the criteria used to award royalties, educational software programs are more nearly comparable to books and articles than to inventions.
Correct Answer: E