GMAT Critical Reasoning
The local board of education found that, because the current physics curriculum has little direct relevance to today's world, physics classes attracted few high school students. So to attract students to physics classes, the board proposed a curriculum that emphasizes principles of physics involved in producing and analyzing visual images.
Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason to expect that the proposed curriculum will be successful in attracting students?
- A Several of the fundamental principles of physics are involved in producing and analyzing visual images.
- B Knowledge of physics is becoming increasingly important in understanding the technology used in today's world.
- C Equipment that a large producer of photographic equipment has donated to the high school could be used in the proposed curriculum.
- D The number of students interested in physics today is much lower than the number of students interested in physics 50 years ago.
- E In today's world the production and analysis of visual images is of major importance in communications, business, and recreation.
Correct Answer: E