GMAT Critical Reasoning
Although parapsychology is often considered a pseudoscience, it is in fact a genuine scientific enterprise, for it uses scientific methods such as controlled experiments and statistical tests of clearly stated hypotheses to examine the questions it raises.
The conclusion above is properly drawn if which of the following is assumed?
- A If a field of study can conclusively answer the questions it raises, then it is a genuine science.
- B Since parapsychology uses scientific methods, it will produce credible results.
- C Any enterprise that does not use controlled experiments and statistical tests is not genuine science.
- D Any field of study that employs scientific methods is a genuine scientific enterprise.
- E Since parapsychology raises clearly statable questions, they can be tested in controlled experiments.
Correct Answer: D