GMAT Critical Reasoning
Within 20 years it will probably be possible to identify the genetic susceptibility an individual may have toward any particular disease. Eventually, effective strategies will be discovered to counteract each such susceptibility. Once these effective strategies are found, therefore, the people who follow them will never get sick.
The argument above is based on which of the following assumptions?
- A For every disease there is only one strategy that can prevent its occurrence.
- B In the future, genetics will be the only medical specialty of any importance.
- C All human sicknesses are in part the result of individuals' genetic susceptibilities.
- D All humans are genetically susceptible to some diseases.
- E People will follow medical advice when they are convinced that it is effective.
Correct Answer: C