GMAT Critical Reasoning
Rural households have more purchasing power than do urban or suburban households at the same income level, since some of the income urban and suburban households use for food and shelter can be used by rural households for other needs.
Which of the following inferences is best supported by the statement made above?
- A The average rural household includes more people than does the average urban or suburban household.
- B Rural households have lower food and housing costs than do either urban or suburban households.
- C Suburban households generally have more purchasing power than do either rural or urban households.
- D The median income of urban and suburban households is generally higher than that of rural households.
- E All three types of households spend more of their income on housing than on all other purchases combined.
Correct Answer: B