GMAT Critical Reasoning
Many companies now have employee assistance programs that enable employees, free of charge, to improve their physical fitness, reduce stress, and learn ways to stop smoking. These programs increase worker productivity, reduce absenteeism, and lessen insurance costs for employee health care. Therefore, these programs benefit the company as well as the employee.
Which of the following, if true, most significantly strengthens the conclusion above?
- A Physical fitness programs are often the most popular services offered to employees.
- B Studies have shown that training in stress management is not effective for many people.
- C Regular exercise reduces people's risk of heart disease and provides them with increased energy.
- D Physical injuries sometimes result from entering a strenuous physical fitness program too quickly.
- E Employee assistance programs require companies to hire people to supervise the various programs offered.
Correct Answer: C