GMAT Critical Reasoning
Mourdet Winery: Danville Winery's new wine was introduced to compete with our most popular wine, which is sold in a distinctive tall, black bottle. Danville uses a similar bottle. Thus, it is likely that many customers intending to buy our wine will mistakenly buy theirs instead.Danville Winery: Not so. The two bottles can be readily distinguished: the label on ours, but not on theirs, is gold colored.
Which of the following, if true, most undermines Danville Winery's response?
- A Gold is the background color on the label of many of the wines produced by Danville Winery.
- B When the bottles are viewed side by side, Danville Winery's bottle is perceptibly taller than Mourdet Winery's.
- C Danville Winery, unlike Mourdet Winery, displays its wine's label prominently in advertisements.
- D It is common for occasional purchasers to buy a bottle of wine on the basis of a general impression of the most obvious feature of the bottle.
- E Many popular wines are sold in bottles of a standard design.
Correct Answer: D