GMAT Critical Reasoning
Unlike the wholesale price of raw wool, the wholesale price of raw cotton has fallen considerably in the last yean Thus, although the retail price of cotton clothing at retail clothing stores has not yet fallen, it will inevitably fall.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument above?
- A The cost of processing raw cotton for cloth has increased during the last year.
- B The wholesale price of raw wool is typically higher than that of the same volume of raw cotton.
- C The operating costs of the average retail clothing store have remained constant during the last year.
- D Changes in retail prices always lag behind changes in wholesale prices.
- E The cost of harvesting raw cotton has increased in the last year
Correct Answer: A