GMAT Critical Reasoning
Leaders of a miners' union on strike against Coalco are contemplating additional measures to pressure the company to accept the union's contract proposal. The union leaders are considering as their principal new tactic a consumer boycott against Gasco gas stations, which are owned by Energy Incorporated, the same corporation that owns Coaico.
The answer to which of the following questions is LEAST directly relevant to the union leaders' consideration of whether attempting a boycott of Gasco will lead to acceptance of their contract proposal?
- A Would revenue losses by Gasco seriously affect Energy Incorporated?
- B Can current Gasco customers easily obtain gasoline elsewhere?
- C Have other miners' unions won contracts similar to the one proposed by this union?
- D Have other unions that have employed a similar tactic achieved their goals with it?
- E Do other corporations that own coal companies also own gas stations?
Correct Answer: E