GMAT Critical Reasoning
The interview is an essential part of a successful hiring program because, with it, job applicants who have personalities that are unsuited to the requirements of the job will be eliminated from consideration.
The argument above logically depends on which of the following assumptions?
- A A hiring program will be successful if it includes interviews.
- B The interview is a more important part of a successful hiring program than is the development of a job description.
- C Interviewers can accurately identify applicants whose personalities are unsuited to the requirements of the job
- D The only purpose of an interview is to evaluate whether job applicants' personalities are suited to the requirements of the job.
- E The fit of job applicants' personalities to the requirements of the job was once the most Important factor in making hiring decisions.
Correct Answer: C