GMAT Critical Reasoning
A compelling optical illusion called the illusion of velocity and size makes objects appear to be moving more slowly the larger the objects are.Therefore, a motorist's estimate of the time available for crossing a highway with a small car approaching is bound to be lower than It would be with a large truck approaching.The conclusion above would be more properly drawn if it were made clear that the .
- A truck's speed is assumed to be lower than the car's
- B truck's speed is assumed to be the same as the car's
- C truck's speed is assumed to be higher than the car's
- D motorist's estimate of time available is assumed to be more accurate with cars approaching than with trucks approaching
- E motorist's estimate of time available is assumed to be more accurate with trucks approaching than with cars approaching
Correct Answer: B