GMAT Critical Reasoning
Advocates of a large-scale space-defense research project conclude that it will represent a net benefit to civilian business.They say that since government-sponsored research will have civilian applications, civilian businesses will reap the rewards of government-developed technology.
Each of the following, if true, raises a consideration arguing against the conclusion above, EXCEPT：
- A The development of cost-efficient manufacturing techniques is of the highest priority for civilian business and would be neglected if resources go to military projects, which d0 not emphasize cost efficiency.
- B Scientific and engineering talent needed by civilian business will be absorbed by the large-scale project.
- C Many civilian businesses will receive subcontracts to provide materials and products needed by the research project.
- D If government research money is devoted to the space project, it will not be available for specifically targeted needs of civilian business, where it could be more efficiently used.
- E The increase in taxes or government debt needed to finance the project will severely reduce the vitality of the civilian economy.
Correct Answer: C