GMAT Critical Reasoning
Some communities in Florida are populated almost exclusively by retired people and contain few, if any, families with small children. Yet these communities are home to thriving businesses specializing in the rental of furniture for infants and small children.
Which of the following, if true, best reconciles the seeming discrepancy described above?
- A The businesses specializing in the rental of children's furniture buy their furniture from distributors outside of Florida.
- B The few children who do reside in these communities all know each other and often make overnight visits to one another's houses.
- C Many residents of these communities who move frequently prefer renting their furniture to buying itoutright.
- D Many residents of these communities must provide for the needs of visiting grandchildren several weeks a year.
- E Children's furniture available for rental is of the same quality as that available for sale in the stores.
Correct Answer: D