GMAT Critical Reasoning
Many people suffer an allergic reaction to sulfites, including those that are commonly added to wine as preservatives. However, since there are several winemakers producing wine to which no sulfites are added, those who would like to drink wine but are allergic to sulfites can drink these wines without risking an allergic reaction to sulfites.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?
- A Sulfites occur naturally in most wine.
- B The sulfites that can produce an allergic reaction are also commonly found in beverages other than wine.
- C Wines without added sulfites tend to be at least moderately expensive.
- D Apart from sulfites, there are other substances commonly present in wine that can trigger allergic reactions.
- E Wine without added sulfites sometimes becomes undrinkable even before the wine is sold to consumers.
Correct Answer: A