GMAT Critical Reasoning
Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising sales force two years ago. Before the reorganization, the sales force was organized geographically, with some sales representatives concentrating on city-center businesses and others concentrating on different outlying regions. The reorganization attempted to increase the sales representatives' knowledge of clients' businesses by having each sales representative deal with only one type of industry or of retailing. After the reorganization, advertising sales increased.
In assessing whether the improvement in advertising sales can properly be attributed to the reorganization, it would be helpful to find out each of the following EXCEPT:
- A Two years ago, what proportion of the Greenville Times's total revenue was generated by advertising sales?
- B Has the circulation of the Greenville Times increased substantially in the last two years?
- C Has there been a substantial turnover in personnel in the advertising sales force over the last two years?
- D Before the reorganization, had sales representatives found it difficult to keep up with relevant developments in all the types of businesses to which they were assigned?
- E Has the economy in Greenville and the surrounding regions been growing rapidly over the last two years?
Correct Answer: A