GMAT Critical Reasoning
When an airplane is taken out of service for maintenance, it is often repainted as well, and during the repainting no other maintenance work can be done on the plane. In order to reduce maintenance time, airline officials are considering using a new nontoxic plastic film instead of paint. The film takes just as long to apply as paint does, but many other maintenance tasks can be carried out at the same time.
Which of the following, if true, is further evidence that using the film will help the airline officials achieve their goal?
- A Unlike paint, the film gives a milky tone to certain colors.
- B At the end of its useful life, the film can be removed much more quickly than paint can.
- C The film can be applied only by technicians who have received special training.
- D The metal exteriors of airplanes have to be protected from high temperatures and caustic chemicals such as exhaust gases.
- E Even at speeds considerably higher than the normal speed of a passenger jet, the film remains securely attached.
Correct Answer: B