GMAT Critical Reasoning
Politician: Tourists don't visit our city because of its reputation of high crime. This reputation is ridiculous. Our city is clearly safe, since we have more police officers per resident than any other large city.
The politician's claim of safety depends on which of the following assumptions?
- A Tourists rarely travel to cities that have reputations of high crime.
- B The city also has a large emergency services force, with excellent firefighters and paramedics.
- C Cities with large police forces inevitably have low crime rates.
- D The chamber of commerce is planning an advertising campaign promoting the city's safety.
- E The police union and police chief both recommend hiring more police officers.
Correct Answer: C