GMAT Critical Reasoning
Finding of a survey of Systems magazine subscribers: Thirty percent of all merchandise orders placed by subscribers in response to advertisements in the magazine last year were placed by subscribers under age thirty-five.Finding of a survey of advertisers in Systems magazine: Most of the merchandise orders placed in response to advertisements in Systems last year were placed by people under age thirty-five.
For both of the findings to be accurate, which of the following must be true?
- A More subscribers to Systems who have never ordered merchandise in response to advertisements in the magazine are age thirty-five or over than are under age thirty-five.
- B Among subscribers to Systems, the proportion who are under age thirty-five was considerably lower last year than it is now.
- C Most merchandise orders placed in response to advertisements in Systems last year were placed by Systems subscribers over age thirty-five.
- D Last year, the average dollar amount of merchandise orders placed was less for subscribers under age thirty-five than for those age thirty-five or over.
- E Last year many people who placed orders for merchandise in response to advertisements in Systems were not subscribers to the magazine.
Correct Answer: E