GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the remainder when the two-digit, positive integer x is divided by 3 ?
(1)The sum of the digits of x is 5.
(2)The remainder when x is divided by 9 is 5.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D