GMAT Data Sufficiency
What was the percent increase in the average (arithmetic mean) contribution per member of a certain public radio station from 1985 to 1995 ?
(1)Total contributions by members increased from $505,210 in 1985 to $1,225,890 in 1995.
(2)The number of members exactly doubled from 1985 to 1995.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C