GMAT Data Sufficiency
A construction company was paid a total of $500,000 for a construction project. The company’s only costs for the project were for labor and materials. Was the company’s profit for the project greater than $150,000?
(1)The company’s total cost was three times its cost for materials.
(2)The company’s profit was greater than its cost for labor.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C