GMAT Data Sufficiency
How many people are directors of both Company K and Company R ?
(1)There were 17 directors present at a joint meeting of the directors of Company K and Company R, and no directors were absent.
(2)Company K has 12 directors and Company R has 8 directors.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C