GMAT Data Sufficiency
If a real estate agent received a commission of 6 percent of the selling price of a certain house,what was the selling price of the house?
(1)The selling price minus the real estate agent's commission was $84,600.
(2)The selling price was 250 percent of the agent purchase price of $36,000.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D