GMAT Data Sufficiency
If Ms. Smith's income was 20 percent more for 1991 than it was for 1990. how much was her income for 1991?
(1)Ms. Smith's income for the first 6 months of 1990 was S17,500 and her income for the last 6 months of 1990 was $20,000.
(2)Ms. Smith's income for 1991 was $7,500 greater than her income for 1990.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D