GMAT Data Sufficiency
On a company-sponsored cruise, of the passengers were company employees and the remaining passengers were their guests. If of the company-employee passengers were managers, what was the number of company-employee passengers who were NOT managers?
(1)There were 690 passengers on the cruise.
(2)There were 230 passengers who were guests of the company employees.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D