GMAT Data Sufficiency
If ° represents one of the operations +, -, and x,is k ° (l + m) = (k ° l) + (k ° m) for all numbers k, l, and m ?
(1)k ° 1 is not equal to 1 ° k for some numbers k
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D