GMAT Data Sufficiency
Whenever Martin has a restaurant bill with an amount between $10 and $99, he calculates the dollar amount of the tip as 2 times the tens digit of the amount of his bill. If the amount of Martin's most recent restaurant bill was between $10 and $99, was the tip calculated by Martin on this bill greater than 15 percent of the amount of the bill?
(1)The amount of the bill was between $15 and $50.
(2)The tip calculated by Martin was $8.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B