GMAT Data Sufficiency
In a demographic study, the population and total income of a certain region were estimated from other data, and both estimates had lower and upper limits. At the time of the estimates, was the per capita income for the region greater than $16,500?
(1)The lower limit for the estimate of the population was 330,000 people.
(2)The lower limit for the estimate of the total income was $5,500,000,000.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E