GMAT Data Sufficiency
On Jane's credit card account, the average daiy balance for a 30-day billing cyde is the average (arithmetic mean) of the daily balances at the end of each of the 30 days. At the beginning of a certain 30- day billing cycle, Jane's credit card account had a balance of $600. Jane made a payment of $300 on the account during the billing cycle. If no other amount were adden to or subtracted from the account during the billing cycle, what was the average daily balance on Jane's account for the billing cycle?
(1)Jane's payment was cnedited on the 2lst day of the billing cycle,
(2)The average daily balance tthrough the 25th day of the billing cycle was $540.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D