GMAT Data Sufficiency
Henry purchased 3 items during a sate. He received a 20 percent discount off the regular price the most expensive item and a 10 percent discount off the regular price of each of the other 2 items. Was the total discount of these three items greater than 15 percent of the sum of the regular prices of the 3 items?
(1)The regular price of the most expensive item was $50, and the regular price of the next most expensive item was $20.
(2)The regular price of the least expensive item was $15.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A