GMAT Data Sufficiency
The selling price of an article is equal to the cost of the article plus the markup. The markup on a certain television set is what percent of the selling price?
(1)The markup on the television set is 25 percent of the cost.
(2)The selling price of the television set is $250.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A