GMAT Data Sufficiency
Each of the 45 boxes on shelf J weighs less than each of the 44 boxes on shelf K. What is the median weight of the 89 boxes on these shelves?
(1) The heaviest box on shelf J weighs 15 pounds.
(2) The lightest box on shelf K weighs 20 pounds.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A