GMAT Data Sufficiency
Seven different numbers are selected from the integers 1 to 100, and each number is divided by 7. What is the sum of the remainders?
(1)The range of the seven remainders is 6.
(2)The seven numbers selected are consecutive integers.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B