GMAT Data Sufficiency
(n-x) + (n-y) + (n-c) + (n-k)
What is the value of the expression above?
(1) The average (arithmetic mean) of x, y, c, and k is n.
(2) x, y, c, and k are consecutive integers.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A