GMAT Data Sufficiency
By what percent was the price of a certain television set discounted for a sale?
(1) The price of the television set before it was discounted for the sale was 25 percent greater than the discounted price.
(2) The price of the television set was discounted by $60 for the sale.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A